Terms of Service – v1
These terms and conditions govern the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of the website and users in using Internet-related services provided by the solved.ac website (hereinafter referred to as solved.ac) operated by Solved, Co. (hereinafter referred to as the Company) is intended to define.
For these Terms and Conditions:
- Service refers to the Service the Company provides on solved.ac that members or website visitors can use, regardless of the device implemented.
- Member means a person who can continue to use the Service provided by the Company by accessing it under these terms and conditions.
- Baekjoon Online Judge refers to the Baekjoon Online Judge service provided by Startlink Co., Ltd. on the website of acmicpc.net.
- Content means articles, photos, various files and links, digital Content, etc., posted by members while using the Service.
The meaning of the provisions of this clause, which are not defined herein, is faithful to the norm.
Clarification and Revision of Terms and Conditions
- The Company provides the initial Service of solved.ac so that members can check the contents of these terms and conditions, name of company and representative, business address, phone number, e-mail address, business registration number, mail-order business report number, personal information manager, etc. from the screen. However, the Member can view the specific terms and conditions through the linked screens.
- The Company may amend these terms and conditions to the extent that it does not violate related laws of the Republic of Korea, such as the ACT ON THE CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, ETC., THE ACT ON THE REGULATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE FRAMEWORK ACT ON ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS AND TRANSACTIONS, THE ELECTRONIC FINANCIAL TRANSACTION ACT, THE ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE ACT, THE ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND DATA PROTECTION, ETC., and THE FRAMEWORK ACT ON CONSUMERS.
- If the Company revises the terms and conditions, the Company has to specify the date of application and the reason for the revision and display the current terms and conditions on the page of the Service seven days (30 days if the change is unfavorable to members) before the effective date.
- The terms and conditions changed under Paragraph 3 shall not be applied retroactively before the effective date unless there are special regulations or other unavoidable reasons in the relevant laws and regulations.
- If the Member does not explicitly express their intention to refuse after the effective date notified under paragraph 3, it is deemed to have agreed to the revised terms and conditions. Members who disagree with the changed terms and conditions may request membership withdrawal.
- Despite the measures in Paragraph 3, the Company is not responsible for damages caused by members not knowing the amendment of the terms and conditions.
- The Company may, if necessary, establish individual terms and conditions or rules (hereinafter referred to as Guidelines for each Service) for individual items within the Service, and the Member is considered to have agreed to the particular terms and conditions or rules for each Service at the same time as it has Linked. If there is a conflict between these terms and conditions and the contents of each Service, the contents of each Service will take precedence.
Provision and Change of Service
- The Company provides the following services to its Members.
- Difficulty level and tag classification information of programming problems
- A community service where you can give your opinion on the difficulty level and tag classification of programming problems
- Other services or tasks determined by the Company
- The Service is operated 24 hours a day, seven days a week unless there is a particular obstacle to the business or technology of the Company.
- The Company may separately set the availability of some services. In this case, it will be notified through the service usage guide.
- The Company may change the contents of goods or services provided by contracts to be concluded in the future in the event of out-of-stock goods or services or changes in technical specifications. In this case, the contents of the changed goods or services and the delivery date are specified and immediately notified to the place where the contents of the current goods or services are posted.
- If the contents of the Service contracted with the user to be provided by the Service are changed for reasons such as out of stock of goods or changes in technical specifications, the reason will be immediately notified to the address where the user can be notified.
- In the case of the preceding paragraph, the Company compensates for damages suffered by the user. However, this is not the case if the Company proves there is no intention or negligence.
Termination of Service
- The Company may temporarily suspend the provision of services in the event of natural disasters or equivalent force majeure, maintenance, inspection, replacement, failure, or loss of communication of information and communication facilities such as computers.
- The Company compensates for damages suffered by members due to the temporary suspension of service provision due to the reason in paragraph 1. However, this is not the case if the Company proves there is no intention or negligence.
Linking and Membership Registration
- Those wishing to sign up for membership must apply for membership by completing the Linkage and expressing their intention to agree to these terms and conditions.
- The Company registers as Members of those who have applied for membership as in Paragraph 1 unless they fall under any of the following subparagraphs.
- If the applicant for membership has previously lost membership under these terms and conditions
- If it is technically impossible to register the applicant as Member or it is judged that it significantly hinders the operation or maintenance of the Service
- Membership registration is established when approval is completed according to the service subscription procedure.
Withdrawal of Membership and Loss of Qualifications, Etc.
- Members may request a membership withdrawal from the Company at any time. The Company handles membership withdrawal immediately upon the Member's request for membership withdrawal. However, if there are goods that have not expired at the time of membership withdrawal, it is regarded as giving up the right to it, and all of them are extinguished at the time of withdrawal.
- If a Member falls under the following reasons, the Company may limit or forfeit the Member's qualifications.
- In the case of interfering with other people's use of the Service or stealing the information
- In the case of conducting business activities without the permission of the Company by using the Service
- In the case of illegal or obscene acts by using the Service
- If you use other services to act against the law or these terms and conditions or public order and morals
- If the Company restricts a Member's qualifications under Paragraph 2, it must notify the Member of the reason and limitation period.
- Members may file an objection under the procedure set by the Company regarding the restrictions on use under these terms of Service. At this time, if the Company recognizes that the complaint is justified, the Company will immediately resume using the Service.
- In case of membership withdrawal or loss, the Company cancels its membership. However, if there is a record of opinions about programming problems left by a Member or a history of bans against a Member, the record will be kept separately.
- If the Company notifies the Member, it can be done by e-mail, etc.
- In the case of notification to unspecified members, the Company can substitute individual notification by posting on the Baekjoon Online Judge bulletin board.
- The Company does not do anything prohibited by these terms and conditions or against public order and morals. It does its best to provide services continuously and reliably as stipulated in these terms and conditions.
- The Company does not send advertising e-mails for commercial purposes to which the Member disagrees.
- The Company strives to resolve the Member's complaint if the opinion or complaint raised by the Member is recognized as objectively justified.
- Members must comply with the provisions of these terms and conditions, the Company's use policy, usage guidelines, and related laws, and not engage in any other activity that interferes with the Company's business.
- Members must not engage in any of the following subparagraphs.
- Registration of false information when applying or changing
- Stealing someone else's information
- Infringement of intellectual property rights such as copyright of the Company and other third parties
- Acts that damage the reputation of the Company and other third parties or interfere with their work
- An act of disclosing or posting obscene or violent messages, images, voices, or other information that goes against public order and morals on the Service
- An act of using the Service for commercial purposes without the consent of the Company
- The specific contents of paragraph 2 of this article are set out in the "solved.ac Usage Rules".
Purchase Application and Consent to Provide Personal Information, Etc.
- Users apply for purchases on the Service by the following or similar methods, and the Service must provide each of the following contents in an easy-to-understand manner when users use it for purchases.
- Search and selection of goods, etc.
- Enter the recipient's name, address, phone number, e-mail address (or mobile phone number), etc.
- Confirmation of contents related to the terms and conditions, services for which the right to withdraw subscription is restricted, and burden of expenses such as shipping and installation fees
- Indication of agreeing to these terms and conditions and confirming or rejecting the above
- Consent to request for the purchase of goods, etc., and confirmation or confirmation from the Company
- Selection of payment method
- If the Company needs to provide the purchaser's personal information to a third party, the person to whom the personal information is provided, the purpose of using the personal data of the person to whom the personal information is provided, the items of personal information provided, and the personal information of the person to whom the personal information is provided and period of use must be notified to the purchaser and consent must be obtained. (The same applies even if the agreed items are changed.)
- If the Company entrusts a third party with the task of handling the personal information of the purchaser, it must inform the purchaser of the person entrusted with the handling of personal data and the details of the task entrusted with the handling of personal information to the purchaser and obtain consent. (The same applies even if the consented items are changed.) However, suppose it is necessary for the execution of the contract for service provision and related to the enhancement of the purchaser's convenience. In that case, it is not required to go through the notification and consent procedures by notifying through the personal information handling policy in the manner prescribed by the ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND DATA PROTECTION, ETC.
Establishment of Purchase Contract
- The Company may not accept a purchase request as described in Article 11 (Purchase Application and Consent to Provide Personal Information, Etc.) if it falls under any of the following subparagraphs. However, in the case of signing a contract with a minor, you must notify that the minor or their legal representative may cancel the contract if the legal representative's consent is not obtained.
- If there is falsehood, omission, or typo in the application details
- When a minor purchases goods and services prohibited by the YOUTH PROTECTION ACT, such as cigarettes and alcohol
- If it is judged that accepting the other purchase request is significantly impeding the service technology
- The contract is considered to be concluded when the Company's acceptance reaches the user in the form of a receipt confirmation notice in Article 14 (Notice of Receipt, Change, and Cancellation of Purchase Request), Paragraph 1.
- The Company's expression of intention to accept must include information on the confirmation of the user's purchase request, whether or not it can be sold, correction and cancellation of the purchase request, etc.
Any can make the payment method for goods or services purchased from the Company of the following methods. However, the Company cannot collect any nominal fee in addition to the price of goods, etc., for the user's payment method.
- Various account transfers such as phone banking, internet banking, and mail banking
- Payment by various cards such as prepaid cards, debit cards, and credit cards
- Online deposit without a bankbook
- Payment by electronic money
- Payment by points paid by the Company, such as mileage
- Payment by gift certificates contracted with the Company or recognized by the Company
- Payment by other electronic payment methods, etc.
Notice of Receipt, Change, and Cancellation of Purchase Request
- The Company notifies the user of receipt confirmation when there is a purchase request from the user.
- The user who has received the notice may request a change or cancellation of the purchase immediately after receiving the notice if there is any discord between the expressions of intent, and the Company will comply with the request without delay if there is a request from the user before delivery. have to deal with it. However, if payment has already been made, the provisions of Article 17 regarding subscription withdrawal, etc., shall apply.
Supply of Goods, Etc.
- Unless there is a separate agreement with the user regarding the supply period of the goods, the Company takes other necessary measures, such as manufacturing, packaging, etc., so that the goods can be delivered within seven days from the date the user makes a purchase. However, if the Company has already received all or part of the payment for goods, etc., measures will be taken within three business days from receipt. At this time, the Company takes appropriate measures so that users can check the supply process and progress of goods, etc.
- For the goods purchased by the user, the Company specifies the delivery method, the person responsible for the delivery cost for each method, and the delivery period for each method. If the Company exceeds the contracted delivery period, it must compensate the user for damages caused by it. However, this is not the case if the Company proves there is no intention or negligence.
If the goods requested for purchase by the user cannot be delivered or provided for reasons such as being out of stock, the Company immediately notifies the user of the cause. If payment for goods, etc., has been received in advance, refunds will be made within three business days from the date the payment is received, or necessary measures will be taken for refund.
Withdrawal of Subscription, Etc.
- Users who have entered into a contract for the purchase of goods, etc., with the Company on the day they receive a written document on the contents of the agreement under Article 13, Paragraph 2 of the ACT ON THE CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, ETC. If the supply of goods is delayed, the subscription can be withdrawn within seven days from when the goods are supplied, or the supply of goods begins). However, if the ACT ON THE CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, ETC. stipulates otherwise regarding the withdrawal of subscription, the Act's provisions shall apply.
- Users cannot return or exchange goods if they fall under the following subparagraphs.
- If the goods are lost or damaged due to a reason attributable to the user (however, if the packaging, etc. is damaged to check the contents of the goods, etc., the subscription can be withdrawn)
- In case the value of goods, etc., has significantly decreased due to the user's use or partial consumption
- If the value of goods, etc., has significantly decreased to the extent that resale is difficult due to the passage of time
- If a product with the same performance can be duplicated, if the packaging of the original product is damaged
- In the case of Items 2 through 4 of Paragraph 2, if the Company fails to take measures in advance, such as specifying the fact that the withdrawal of subscription is restricted in a place where consumers can easily find it, or providing trial products, etc., the user's withdrawal of subscription does not be restricted.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraphs 1 and 2, if the contents of the goods, etc., are different from the contents of the display or advertisement or the contents of the contract are fulfilled differently, within three months from the date of supply of the goods, etc. You can withdraw your subscription within 30 days from the date you were able to know.
Effects of Subscription Withdrawal, Etc.
- The Company refunds the goods already paid within three business days when the goods are returned from the user. In this case, when the Company delays the refund of goods, etc., to the user, the delay interest is calculated by multiplying the delayed interest rate stipulated in Article 21-2 of the ENFORCEMENT DECREE OF THE ACT ON THE CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, is paid for the delay period.
- In refunding the above amount, when the user pays for goods, etc., using payment methods such as credit card or electronic money, the Company promptly requests the business operator that provided the payment method to suspend or cancel the claim for payment for goods, etc.
- In the case of subscription withdrawal, the cost required to return the goods supplied shall be borne by the user. The Company does not claim a penalty or compensation for damages to the user for reasons such as withdrawal of subscription. However, if the contents of the goods, etc., are different from the displayed or advertised contents or the contents of the contract are fulfilled differently, and the subscription is withdrawn, the Company shall bear the cost required for the return of the goods, etc.
- If the user pays the shipping cost when receiving goods, the Company clearly indicates who will bear the cost when the subscription is withdrawn so that the user can easily understand.
- When collecting Members' personal information, the Company collects the minimum personal information to the extent necessary to provide services.
- When the Company collects and uses the Member's personal information, it notifies the Member of the purpose and obtains consent.
- The Company cannot use the collected personal information for anything other than the intended purpose. However, exceptions are made when relevant laws and regulations stipulate otherwise. If a new purpose of use arises or is provided to a third party, the Member is notified of the purpose, and consent is obtained during the use/provision stage.
- If the Company is required to obtain the Member's consent under paragraphs 2 and 3, it shall specify or notify the Member in advance of the matters stipulated in the ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND DATA PROTECTION, ETC. Such as the identity of the person in charge of personal information management (affiliation, name and phone number, other contact information), the purpose of collection and use of information, matters related to the provision of information to third parties (recipient, purpose of condition and Content of data to be provided) and the Members may withdraw this consent at any time.
- Members can view and correct errors in their personal information held by the Company at any time.
- For the protection of personal information, the Company must limit the number of administrators, minimize the number, and take full responsibility for damages to Members caused by loss, theft, leakage, alteration, etc., of Members' personal information, including unique identification information.
- Members must faithfully manage their personal information for the use of the Company and must change it if there is a change in personal details. Members are responsible for damages caused by delays or omissions in changing their personal information. The Company does not take any responsibility for personal information leaked for reasons attributable to the Member.
Member's Contents, Etc.
- If a Member causes damage or other problems to themself or others due to the postings registered in the Service, the Member takes full responsibility for it, and the Company is not responsible for it in any case.
- The Company may take relevant measures such as temporarily stopping posting, modifying, deleting, moving, or refusing to register posts that fall under each subparagraph without the Member's prior consent.
- In the case of Content that severely insults or damages the reputation of other members or third parties
- Distributing or linking Content that violates public order and morals
- If the Content promotes illegal copying or hacking
- If the advertisement is for profit
- In the case of Content that is objectively recognized as being related to a crime
- In the case of Content that infringes the copyright or other rights of other users or third parties
- If the Company judges that the contents of private political judgment or religious views do not conform to the nature of the Service
- If it is judged to violate other related laws
- If the Company receives a request for suspension of Contents from a third party for defamation or infringement of intellectual property rights, etc., the Company may temporarily suspend the Content and seek legal action or agreement between the person who raised the objection and the registrant of the post. After the legal issue related to the posting has been resolved through the above, the temporarily suspended posting may be re-posted only if there is an application to the Company based on this.
- The specific contents of paragraph 2 of this article are set out in the "solved.ac Usage Rules".
Attribution of Copyright and Restriction of Use
- Copyright and other intellectual property rights for works created and serviced by the Company belong to the Company.
- The copyright of the Contents posted by the Member within the Service belongs to the Member who posted it. However, the Company may use the copyrighted work registered by the Member free of charge without the Member's separate permission for service operation, display, transmission, distribution, publicity, etc.
- If a copyrighted work posted by a Member is copied illegally or illegally by another person without the consent of the Member and conflicts with the Company's and the Member's interests, the Company may exercise copyright on behalf of the Member. However, in this case, the Company seeks individual consent from the Member.
- If the Company intends to use a Member's post for a purpose other than Paragraph 2 of this Article, it will use it with the Member's consent in advance.
- The user shall not use the information acquired through the use of the Company, for which intellectual property rights belong to the Company, for commercial purposes or have a third party use it by copying, transmitting, publishing, distributing, broadcasting, or other methods without the prior permission of the Company.
Advertising and Transactions with Advertisers
- Part of the service investment base that the Company can provide services to Members comes from revenue through advertisements. Members agree to ads in the Service.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by Members participating in, communicating with, or engaging in promotional activities of advertisers posted on or through the Service.
- The Company is exempted from responsibility for providing services if it cannot provide services due to natural disasters or equivalent force majeure.
- The Company is not responsible for any obstacles in using the Service for reasons attributable to the Member.
- The Company is not responsible for the reliability and accuracy of information, data, and facts posted by Members concerning the Service.
- The Company is exempted from liability in the case of transactions between Members or between Members and third parties through the Service.
- The Company is not responsible for using services provided free of charge unless otherwise specified in the relevant laws.
- The Company does not guarantee the reliability and accuracy of the information, data, and facts posted on the Service by methods such as those written by the Members and is not responsible for any damages to the Member caused by this.
Resolution of Disputes
- The Company is not responsible for any obstacles in using the Service for reasons attributable to the Member.
- The Company does not take any responsibility for disputes arising from problems other than the services provided to users.
Jurisdiction and Governing Law
- The laws of the Republic of Korea apply to the interpretation of these terms and conditions and disputes between the Company and the Members.
- In case of a dispute arising between the Company and the Member concerning these terms and conditions and the use of the Service, the competent court shall be determined under the CIVIL PROCEDURE ACT.
These Terms and Conditions apply from December 8, 2022.
If the interpretation of the terms and conditions differs between English and Korean, the interpretation of the Korean Content shall prevail.